- Job Category: Teacher
- Hours: Full Days
- Certification: RI Secondary Mathematics or eligible for this certification
- Start Date: Immediate through the academic year ending June 2019. Potential to extend into a full-time permanent position for the academic year 2019-2020
Teaching at RINIMC:
RINIMC invites passionate professional educators to apply for the position of Long-term Substitute Math Teacher for the remainder of the 2018-2019 academic school year. The position is full time and may extend through the 2018-2019 school year, with the possibility of continuation the following year as a permanent position.
This is an ideal opportunity for an educator passionate about mathematic instruction who is also eager to gain rigorous development to help perfect his/her skills in delivering meaningful and authentic mathematical instruction to students at a variety of competency levels. Not only will you be a member of the RINIMC professional learning community, you will also participate in additional professional development opportunities, team planning meetings, and receive consistent high-impact coaching and feedback from experienced content specific instructional coaches.
- Create a positive and structured learning environment that excites and engages students.
- Motivate students to realize high academic and behavioral standards.
- Utilize data to drive instruction and intervention.
- Design and implement unit and lesson plans in collaboration with grade or subject team.
- Exemplify RINIMC’s core values of Professionalism, Character, Scholarship, Compassion & Empathy in all interactions with students, families and colleagues.
- Collaborate with coach, grade-level team, and school team to improve instructional, culture-building and leadership skills.
- Attend all professional development, team planning and faculty and data analysis meetings.
- Participate enthusiastically in structured and informal learning and development opportunities.
Skills and Characteristics:
- Strong belief in the RINIMC Mission and Vision
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills.
- High level of personal organization and planning.
- Team player
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Two years of teaching experience preferred with a proven record of high student achievement.
- Bachelor’s degree with a GPA of at least 3.0 from a competitive college or university; Master’s degree preferred.
- Rhode Island certified or in process of obtaining a certification (http://www.ride.ri.gov/TeachersAdministrators/EducatorCertification/CertificationRequirements.aspx)
- Salary for this position is very competitive and commensurate with experience.
- RINIMC is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.