- The dinner will take place on Wednesday 6/5 at 6:00 PM at Pawtucket Country Club.
- Class of 2019 Students and a parent/guardian are free and additional guests are welcome with tickets priced at $30 each.
- Guest money and attendance is due by Wednesday 5/29.
- Graduation will be at 6:00 PM on Wednesday 6/12 at Sapinsley Hall at Rhode Island College. Students need to arrive at 5:00 PM.
- Each student will get six tickets for family and friends to attend the event.
- Some extras tickets will be available on first come first serve basis closer to the date of the event.
- There will be a mandatory rehearsal at 1:00 – 3:00 at RIC in Sapinsley Hall on Tuesday 6/11.
Additional End of Year Dates
May 31 – RINI Prom – Pawtucket Country Club, 6-10 pm
June 3 – last day of school for senior students
June 7 – RINI Alumni Breakfast, 9am
June 10 – 14 Final exam week
June 17 – Last day of school
Advanced Course Network – enrichment opportunities for students
Registration for Summer, Fall, and Yearlong courses will be open until May 31, 2019 on a first-come-first-serve basis. Enriching experiences with advanced coursework help students get a head start on postsecondary success, master the skills required of a lifelong learner, and be prepared for jobs in sectors critical to Rhode Island’s future prosperity.
More information and available courses can be found on www.RICourseChoice.org, and questions about the Advanced Course Network can be directed to Ms. Keating, Mrs. Bouley, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to qualify for financial aid, including the RI Governor’s Promise Program for CCRI tuition, students must complete the federal FAFSA forms. Some scholarships and assistance is awarded on a rolling basis, so it is important to get these forms completed as soon as possible. Students will need parents’ tax and income information in order to complete these forms. For assistance, please contact Ms. Keating.
- For more information, contact Mrs. Wozniak, email@example.com.
- Several RINI healthcare partners have employment opportunities for licensed CNAs. Please contact Mrs. Wozniak for information.
Bryant University Free Summer Stem Camp for Girls
- Bryant University located at 1150 Douglas Pike in Smithfield, Rhode Island will be hosting the
- Exploring Data Science and the Art of Visualization FREE Summer Camp for High School Girls
- On June 24, 2019 – June 28, 2019 from 9am – 4pm
- Visit http://www.applieddatasciencecamp.com/ for more information.
RINI Upcoming Events
RI Nurses Institute Middle College Board of Directors Meeting
The RINI Board of Directors meets monthly except in July and December. The next meeting is June 13, 2019 5:00-6:30 pm. Interested families can view the agenda and minutes of the meetings on the RI Secretary of State website or can request that information from the school. Board meeting dates are listed on the RINI website at www.rinimc.org
Free Fitness Summer Memberships for Students
- Planet FItness is offering free fitness for teens this summer. Please see
- Sign up begins May 15th at Planet Fitness locations, where teens under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to register.
From RIPIN, Rhode Island Parent Information Network
- RIPIN is a valuable community resource that offers many opportunities for families.
- Upcoming events include: COLLEGE PANEL, Friday, May 31, 12:30 – 2:00 PM
View these additional workshops any time at RIPIN.org/online-learning
Information and registration can be found at: https://ripin.org/ or call RIPIN: 401-270-0101
Free 10 Week Training Program – Skills RI
Skills RI is currently recruiting the 3rd cohort of a very exciting training opportunity. The training will teach introductory courses in bio-manufacturing and biotechnology and there will be job placement assistance upon completion. Be part of a team that makes life-saving pharmaceutical products! Please see attached flyer for more information. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Kg5S7f7ybk6xhqX5ZtnTpMnAWY3CdEaG
NBC Parent Toolkit: Off to Schoolkit
The education team at NBC News has launched an exciting campaign to help parents and educators prepare students for college and the “real world.” They recently released their Off to Schoolkit, a new resource to support families and students who are applying and transitioning to college. Parents can create their own “Off to Schoolkit” – a customizable guide that you can make on their website, with resources and tips based on where each family is at in the transition to life after high school, that is sent directly to your inbox.
Adult Literacy XPRIZE
The Adult Literacy XPRIZE Communities Competition is a national challenge to expand access to education for adult learners through the use of technology. It is designed to “tackle the problem of adult low-literacy by putting free learning tools in the hands of those who need them the most, so learning can happen anytime, anywhere.”
- Start by reading the Team WorldEd FAQ. Then, download the apps to review them yourself and pick one or two to share with learners and other prospective app users.
- Use Team World Ed code 3366 to access the apps in the Google Play Store. Each app begins at basic literacy and starts with a literacy level assessment. The log-in features vary from app to app.
Take advantage of this limited-time opportunity now! The four apps are available free of charge only through August 2020, but must be downloaded by August 2019 and accessed at least 3 times.
Ms. Vivian Medina, Board member and Parent Organization President is willing and available to assist any family member with issues related to the school or to their children. She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the main office.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions, comments or concerns: 401 680-4900