Volume 8 – November 26 , 2019
UPCOMING EVENTS AT RINI
- 11/27- Delayed Start @ 9 am
- 11/27- Ethics Bowl Meeting @ 3 pm
- 12/9/19 – Community Advisory Board Meeting @ 5 pm
- 12/19 – RINI Board of Directors meeting @ 5 pm
Upcoming vacation days
- 11/28 & 11/29 – Thanksgiving Break
- 12/23 – 1/2/20 – Winter Break
Upcoming Field Trips
- 12/2/19 – CCRI Nursing program- grades 11 and 12
- 12/5/19 -Providence Performing Arts Come From Away – grade 10
What is an “ILP”?
An ILP, or Individualized Learning Plan, is a RI requirement for every graduating student. The ILP begins for each child in grade 6 and continue through grade 12. Each year, students complete tasks that focus on three core areas:
1. Progress in academics in relation to graduation goals
2. Developing professional skills directly related to desired career paths
3. Reflection on social and personal areas for growth At RINI, the platform utilized to complete the ILP is called Choices 360.
RINI students use this platform weekly in the course of their College Career & Readiness class. Please ask you child to share his/her Choices 360 link to view the ILP progress. For more information, please contact your child’s guidance
Attendance is essential: every student, every day
RINI Senior Students
College applications with essays should be completed by 12/1. Financial aid forms, FAFSA should be completed asap. Scholarship applications should be completed asap.
Please contact Ms. Keating for more information.