About Our School: The Rhode Island Nurses Institute Middle College Charter High School, located in Providence, opened during the summer of 2011 to educate the next generation of nurses with a focus on academic rigor, leadership development, and workforce readiness. We are the first public charter high school in the U.S. focused on the nursing profession and the first middle college in the State of RI. RI students from any school district may apply.
General Summary: Reporting to the School Leader & CEO, The School Data Analyst is responsible for overseeing the Rhode Island Nurses Institute Middle College Charter High School (RINI’s) comprehensive strategy for managing and using student data.
Reports to: Principal and CEO
Staff Supervision: n/a
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and continuously improve a comprehensive strategy for collecting, managing, and using data;
- Develop, maintain, and disseminate role-specific training for all staff members on utilizing data systems, tools, and reports;
- Assist School Leaders and Board in the establishment of numeric targets related to RINI’s school-wide plan
- Collaborate with school and program leaders to develop and implement data cycles that drive continuous improvement;
- MTSS & Attendance
- Support school leadership in the establishment and facilitation of a data-informed MTSS protocol
- Support Director of School Culture and Community in the establishment and facilitation of a data-informed attendance protocol
- Data Operations & Quality
- Manage RINI’s student information system and other databases by implementing clear protocols to ensure data quality;
- Oversee staff execution of data entry to ensure we accurately track information that reflects school and program operations, key performance metrics, and outcome data;
- Optimize database systems and serve as point of contact with 3rd-party database vendors regarding development and technical support;
- Lead the design, development, and management of report and dashboard solutions to ensure that RINIstaff at all levels of the organization have the information they need to make effective decisions;
- Data Reporting
- Provide additional data reporting and analysis as needed for external accountability, compliance, or development tasks;
- Develop the data and evaluation support needed for strategic initiatives including expansion, replication and cross-school collaboration.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; relevant Master’s degree preferred;
- At least five years of relevant professional work experience;
- Experience working in a K-12 education setting;
- Demonstrated success managing a team and/or multiple complex projects;
- Expert fluency with Microsoft Excel;
- Experience managing data systems and processes and analyzing data with exceptional accuracy and attention to detail;
- Strong quantitative and technology skills with demonstrated ability to quickly learn new systems;
- Experience with statistical software and data visualization tools preferred. Compensation: Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. All full-time employees receive excellent benefits.
Submission Instructions: Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter using the linked google form. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basisthrough 3/29/21.