GENERAL SUMMARY: The Parent Engagement Coordinator ensures involvement of families; supports a partnership within the school, with parents and the RINI community to improve student academic achievement; build families’ capacity for becoming involved in improving their child’s academic outcomes; and encourage families to be actively involved in their child’s education. The Parent Engagement Coordinator is a key member of the school community and will collaborate with and support the school staff, parents, students, partners, and members of the community by initiating, facilitating, and maintaining programs and strategies that help the school set and adhere to the RINI’s school mission of preparing a diverse group of students to become the highly educated and professional nursing workforce of the future.
REPORTS TO: Director of Culture and Community
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as liaison to the school’s family groups (PTO.)
- Actively recruit parents to attend school events, including parent-teacher conferences and academic and arts related school events as well as events targeted specifically at parents and families, including family classes
- Coordinate efforts among all family groups connected to the school ( to develop a comprehensive family engagement plan and calendar each year)
- Collaborate with Director of School Community to hold new parent orientations prior to the start of each school year
- Plan and coordinate extracurricular activities for students and families including field trips, celebration events, student clubs, and other activities as needed
- Work closely with the Director of School Culture to plan family workshops and increase parent engagement
Communication and Relationship Building.
- Conduct outreach and help facilitate the referral process to available resources, ie teachers, counselors, social workers
- Help families/caregivers to understand and support relevant academic, social, emotional, and developmental supports.
- Collaborate with school-based parent liaisons and parent groups.
- Facilitate outreach and events to connect and engage alumni
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years of related experience.
- Must be able to work weekend and in evenings as needed
- Part time position that has the potential to become full time as the school expands